Tyre chains are designed to allow a vehicle to climb a gradient that's beyond the grip level of the tyres. In countries other than South Africa, tyre chains are normally fitted to snow tyres, not summer tyres
The ‘Owners manual' of your vehicle will detail what wheel and tyre combinations are approved for the fitting of wheel chains. The safety of any vehicle, especially the braking performance, is compromised if tyre chains are fitted to summer tyres and if tyre chains are used on a ‘bare' road that is free of snow and ice.
Tyre Chans Available
- Slag Chains
- XL Machine tyre chains
- Forsetry Chains
- Underground Mining Tyre Chains
- Custom Tyre Chains
Enquire Today For More On Our Tyre chains
Why You Need Tyre Chains?
Sharp, edged rock, muddy and slippery surfaces are a great hazard to tyres – even when new. Equipment downtime and loss of productivity are the result of sudden tyre failure.
The advantages of using our chains for wheels are:
- Reducing your operating costs
- Lowering your downtime
- Increasing your productivity
Tyre Chain Fitting
Highly developed fitting systems and tools backed up by professional support – based on specialized training by Tyre Protection Chains – together with detailed fitting instructions ensure that our products can be fitted quickly and safely.
Nowadays, both safety and the time factor are of great importance.
We have an ongoing commitment to innovative technology, and the highest quality and safety in everything we do. This is the common responsibility of all of us. The long-term partnerships with our customers, combined with the satisfaction and confidence in us, form the focus of our activities. Our actively practised, open and trusting corporate culture, combined with our ongoing training and education, make our family enterprise a motivated, energetic, flexible and competent team.
Tyre Chain Benefits
As a supplier of chains for wheels and Southern African market leader we have the best technical know-how and quality.
Your advantages with Tyre Protection Chains are:
- We have the most comprehensive product range
- We have the right solution for every application
- We provide the best product support and customer service worldwide
More On Tyre chains
- Fitted To Front Tyre chains: Wheel chains fitted to summer tyres on the front wheels of a 2WD or AWD will increase traction for take-off and driving but cannot assist with lateral stability. Because of the inadequate grip on the rear tyres the vehicle will oversteer and when braking the ABS system will be activated, further increasing the stopping distance. The problems are always worse when driving downhill than uphill.
- Fitted To Rear Tyres: Wheel chains fitted to summer tyres on the rear wheels of a 2WD or AWD will increase traction for take-off and driving but cannot assist with steering or lateral stability. Because of inadequate grip on the front tyres the vehicle will not ‘turn in', it will understeer and when braking the ABS system will be activated, further increasing the stopping distance. Again the problems are always worse when driving downhill than uphill.
- Some Concerns About Chains In Summer Tyres: There are issues when diamond pattern snow chain systems are used on high performance 2WD or AWD ‘summer' tyres. On summer tyres snow chains will grip to the snow/ice but the tyre can slip or spin the chain even when they are correctly tensioned on to the tyre. The problem is worse when the vehicle has been parked at the resort because the low ambient temperature makes the tyres harder and therefore has even less grip to the chain. The issue is compounded by the camber of the road, the weight and torque of the vehicle and the amount of tread on the tyre. The tread compound in Nokian snow tyres, however, is designed to remain flexible in extremely cold conditions, making wheel chains on snow tyres more effective.
Take a look at our previous projects